The Bioeconomy Institute at Iowa State University is recruiting undergraduate students to assist with data management for agronomic, environmental, and engineering research projects including C-CHANGE Grass2Gas, STRIPS, and COBS.
Duration: Academic Calendar 2023, with the possibility of extension for 2024.
Hours per week: 7-20*
Compensation: $13-16/hr, depending on experience
*Work will be conducted in-person at the Biorenewables Research Laboratory on campus for 30-60 days and then hybrid remote thereafter.
Learn How To:
- Scrape data from Excel using R
- Identify and flag data and metadata
- Evaluate data management plans
- Operate MS Access and PostgreSQL databases
- Assimilate data from many sources to build cohesive datasets
- Communicate with partners from diverse disciplines
- Manage digital photo resources
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel
- Basic familiarity with R or signficant experience with another coding language
- Attention to detail
- An interest in scientific data
Demonstrated experiences in these areas is also helpful:
- Intermediate proficiency with R
- Experience with scientific datasets
- Experience working with agronomic, environmental, or engineering data
How to Apply: Email resume, two references and cover letter to Dr. Matt Stephenson, Data Management Specialist, at email@example.com