The article, “Farmers looking at on-farm ethanol plants,” by Nat Williams and published by Illinois Farmer Today, covers farmers working on producing biofuels on their own farms. It describes modular systems being developed by Easy Energy Systems and BEI/Iowa State University to act as “micro biorefineries.” Read more at the Illinois Farmer Today site.
Robert C. Brown, BEI director and an Anson Marston Distinguished Professor in Engineering and the Gary and Donna Hoover Chair in Mechanical Engineering at Iowa State University, is tied for number 44 in the “Top 100 People in the Advanced Bioeconomy” for 2017, as nominated and voted by the readers of The Biofuels Digest and the publication’s editorial board. Read more
LignoTech USA in Rothschild Wisconsin welcomes candidates to apply for two open Research Scientist positions. Candidates must have an advanced science degree (Master’s or new PhD) in a relevant science area. BS level Chemical Engineers with an interest in R&D are also encouraged to apply.
Requirements of the position include:
- Innovating, planning and executing R&D initiatives supporting lignin product development and resulting in differentiated lignin-based products.
- Rapidly assimilating analytical and application test methods unique to lignin technology.
- Exceptional bench chemistry skills combined with the ability to conceptualize from bench to commercial scale.
- Providing technical knowledge and guidance to the organization outside of the R&D group.
- Managing assignments within a schedule and reporting findings quickly and effectively.
- Providing technical support to customers.
- Conducting literature searches and drafting patents as needed.
- Willing to travel as needed to visit customers and attend conferences.
The position also requires good communication skills and will interface with our central lab in Norway, commercial and manufacturing groups. Thus, successful candidates will possess individual drive and the ability to work in a cross-cultural and international environment. With demonstrated leadership and technical competence comes opportunity for advancement.
LignoTech USA is a member of the Borregaard group. Borregaard is the recognized global leader in lignin utilization and lignocellulosic biorefining. www.borregaard.com
Interested candidates can forward their resume and CV to:
Human Resources Manager
LignoTech USA Inc.
100 Grand Avenue, Rothschild WI 54474
100 Grand Avenue
Rothschild, WI 54474 USA
P hone: +1 715 359 6644
Fax: +1 715 355 3648
Web site: www.borregaard.com
The Governors’ Biofuels Coalition has donated $1,000 to the Bioeconomy Institute Excellence Fund in Iowa Governor Terry Branstad’s name. The donation will help fund scholarships for graduate students studying biorenewables at Iowa State University.
It was made possible by the proceeds from a breakfast honoring Branstad held by the Coalition in summer 2016. The Coalition, with members from more than 20 states, provides regional and national leadership on biofuels policy development.
Jake Lindstrom (left) and Martin Haverly (right), both graduate students at Iowa State University studying at BEI, attended the Governors’ Biofuels Coalition breakfast held in honor of Iowa Governor Terry Branstad (center).